- 1 Who is Ottavia Busia?
- 2 Ottavia Busia- Birth, Parents, Siblings & Education
- 3 Net Worth of Ottavia Busia? Salary, Earnings
- 4 Ottavia Busia- Relationship, Married Life, Boyfriend/ Girlfriend
- 5 Body Measurement- Height, Weight, Hair Colour
- 6 Ottavia Busia- Professional Career
- 7 Quick Facts of Ottavia Busia
Who is Ottavia Busia?
Ottavia Busia is a businesswoman and a mixed martial artist, but she is best known for being the late celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain’s wife. He was found dead, having committed suicide, after they had been apart for two years.
Ottavia Busia later began to practice mixed martial arts for self-defense and to help her body improve, particularly after she had gone through childbearing. She is well-known for her dedication to Brazilian jujitsu. She subsequently went on to work in the restaurant industry as a manager.
Ottavia Busia- Birth, Parents, Siblings & Education
Ottavia Busia was born in Sardinia, Italy, on July 11, 1965.
Ottavia was born on the island of Sardinia, but her family eventually relocated to Lombardy, where she grew up. She was initially interested in pursuing a career in dentistry, and she even studied in the field during her undergraduate years. She did, however, follow a rock band to the United States after falling in love with them.
Net Worth of Ottavia Busia? Salary, Earnings
Busia’s net worth is estimated to be in excess of $1 million, thanks to her successful business ventures. During the period they were together, she most likely benefited from her husband’s success.
Bourdain’s net worth was once reported to be over $16 million, but by the time he died, it had dropped to roughly $1.2 million.
Ottavia Busia- Relationship, Married Life, Boyfriend/ Girlfriend
Despite the fact that Busia and Bourdain were 22 years apart in age, they grew close after meeting in New York. Eric Ripert, a mutual friend who was also working at a Geisha restaurant at the time, introduced her to him. Early in their relationship, the two even got matching tattoos; they married in 2007 and have a daughter, Ariane.
In 2016, rumors appeared that their marriage was beginning to fall apart, supposedly as a result of Bourdain’s extensive travel schedule, which had him away from home for approximately 250 days per year.
He spent so little time with his family that it strained their connection. Bourdain was irritated by the fact that the camera team captured some of the drama. They split up in 2016 but never divorced before he was found dead two years later in the flat he was renting in France. He was on his way to shoot episodes for “Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown” at the time.
Body Measurement- Height, Weight, Hair Colour
Ottavia’s body dimensions are unknown.
Ottavia Busia- Professional Career
Ottavia Busia needed to make ends meet after migrating to the United States and finding employment in a neighborhood restaurant in New York City.
This launched her career in the area, and she worked in a number of restaurants until landing a job at Geisha. She worked her way up to general manager, and it was around this period that she met Anthony Bourdain.
She later began to practice mixed martial arts for self-defense and to help her body improve, particularly after she had gone through childbearing. She is well-known for her dedication to Brazilian jujitsu. She subsequently went on to work in the restaurant industry as a manager.
Quick Facts of Ottavia Busia
- Ottavia Busia was born on 11 July 1965, in Sardinia, Italy.
- Ottavia is a businesswoman as well as a mixed martial artist, but perhaps best known for being the wife of late celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain.
- The two had been separated for two years before he was found dead, having committed suicide.
- Bourdain’s first television series had the same title as his book “A Cook’s Tour”, and aired on the Food Network in 2002 and 2003.
- In 2013, he became one of the judges of the show “The Taste”, remaining with the series for three years until it was canceled.
- They parted in 2016 but never settled a divorce before he was found dead two years later in the apartment he was staying in while in France.