- 1 Who is Doug Hill?
- 2 Doug Hill – Birth, Parents, Siblings & Education
- 3 Net Worth of Doug Hill? Salary, Earning
- 4 Facts of Doug Hill
- 5 Relationship, Married life, Boyfriend/Girlfriend
- 6 Body Measurement- Height, Weight, Hair Color
- 7 Doug Hill – Professional Career
- 8 Doug Hill – Social Media Status
- 9 Quick Facts of Doug Hill
Who is Doug Hill?
Lawrence Douglas Hill was a meteorologist from the United States. At noon, 4, 5, and 6 p.m., he was the main meteorologist for ABC 7 News/WJLA-TV in Washington, D.C. Doug Hill has received the American Meteorological Society’s “Seal of Approval.” Hill was also given a Washington Emmy Award for broadcast excellence.
He spent 33 years in the living rooms of Washingtonians, guiding them through bright sunny days and hard storms, earning their trust and becoming like family. In 2017, he retired from ABC7 as a head meteorologist.
Doug Hill – Birth, Parents, Siblings & Education
Lawrence Douglas Hill was born on July 29, 1950, under the sign of Leo in Baltimore, Maryland.
The 71-year-old retired meteorologist was of American nationality and Caucasian race.
Doug was born and reared in the United States by his parents.
Hill attended Towson State College before joining the US Air Force.
He served the majority of his four-year tour at Andrews AFB, where he was awarded the Air Force Commendation Medal.
Net Worth of Doug Hill? Salary, Earning
The late chief meteorologist guided people through weather forecasts for over five decades.
He amassed a sizable fortune over his professional career. Doug Hill’s net worth is estimated to be in the $2 million range.
Facts of Doug Hill
|Real Name||Lawrence Douglas Hill|
|Birthday||July 29, 1950|
|Birthplace||Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
|Deathday||November 22, 2021|
|Death Place||North Carolina|
Relationship, Married life, Boyfriend/Girlfriend
Doug Hill’s wife and children are his sole surviving family members. He was married to Mary Ann.
His wife and he had four children, two of which were twins named Maggie and Peter. His other two children are Brian and Andrew.
Hill died on November 22, 2021.
He passed away in North Carolina, where he had relocated with his beloved wife following his retirement from ABC7. He was 71 years old.
The cause of Hill’s death has yet to be revealed. All that is known is that he suffered from a brief illness.
His family has requested privacy and has not yet spoken about his death or funeral.
Body Measurement- Height, Weight, Hair Color
Doug Hill has an average height. If his images are to be believed, he is quite tall in comparison to his surroundings.
However, information on his true height and other bodily measurements are now unavailable to the public.
Doug Hill – Professional Career
Hill began his career in the United States Air Force, where he spent most of his time at Andrews Air Force Base.
He then spent six years as a police officer in Prince George’s Country.
Hill began his meteorological career as the weekend weatherman at WWBT-TV in Richmond, Virginia.
After that, he spent four and a half years in Detroit before returning to Washington, D.C. in 1984 to work for CBS station WUSA.
He spent 16 years with WUSA before moving on to ABC7 (WJLA).
Hill departed from WJLA-TV as Chief Meteorologist on September 15, 2017.
He was also a radio presenter on WGTS 91.9 FM, a Christian radio station.
Hill received a Washington Emmy Award for his broadcast excellence, as well as the American Meteorological Society’s “Seal of Approval.”
Doug Hill – Social Media Status
Doug was active on social media. He used a Twitter account where he has approximately 8.4k followers.
Quick Facts of Doug Hill
- Doug is a longtime TV meteorologist who worked for more than three decades in D.C.
- He died Monday, 22 November, according to ABC7.
- Doug retired as a chief meteorologist from ABC7 in 2017.
- He was born on 29 July 1950 under the star sign Leo.
- The 71-year-old retired meteorologist Doug was American by nationality and belonged to the Caucasian ethnicity.
- He died in North Carolina, where he had moved with his beloved wife after his retirement from ABC7.
- All that is known is that Doug had a short illness.
- Hill is now survived by his wife and children.