Who is Garrett McNamara?
Garrett McNamara is an best known for setting the Guinness World Record for surfing the world’s longest wave. Despite the massive scary waves and glaciers in Alaska, he rode record-breaking waves at Nazare, Portugal. He trained for a year before beginning professional wave surfing to handle waves and surf in risky scenarios. Following his preparation, McNamara and his surfing partner ‘Rodrigo Resende’ competed in the Tow Surfing World Cup on the Hawaiian island of Maui in 2002. The team won the tournament and received a cash reward of $70,000 USD.
Garrett McNamara- Birth, Parents, Siblings & Education
Garrett McNamara was born in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, on August 10, 1967, making him 55 years old.
He was up in a surfing household and began surfing at an early age.
McNamara’s family includes his wife, Nicole, and their two children.
He also has a son from a prior marriage.
There is little information available, although he dropped out of high school to pursue a surfing career.
McNamara is of Irish and Portuguese descent, and he has shown pride in his background in interviews.
Net Worth of Garrett McNamara? Salary, Earning
Garrett McNamara has an estimated net worth of $2 million.
The majority of his earnings come from sponsorships and endorsements from businesses like Tag Heuer, Jeep, and Red Bull, all of which have supported his surfing career.
He has also made money by winning prizes in surfing events and selling items, including his own brand of surfboards.
McNamara has also had a number of business initiatives, including a surf school in Hawaii and a line of environmentally friendly clothes.
In addition to his earnings from surfing and commercial enterprises, McNamara has worked as a television host and pundit, which has helped him increase his net worth.
Facts of Garrett McNamara
|August 10, 1967
|Pittsfield, Massachusetts, United States
|Professional Big Wave Surfer
|The world record for the largest wave surfed
|Tag Heuer, Jeep, Red Bull
|Surf school, sustainable clothing line
|Awards and Honors
|Surfer Poll Award, XXL Biggest Wave Award
Relationship, Married life, Boyfriend/Girlfriend
Garrett McNamara has had two marriages.
He married Nicole Macias initially, with whom he had a son called Barrel.
However, the couple split afterward.
McNamara married fashion model and surfer Nicole “Nikki” Vandyjk in 2015.
The pair met in Australia while McNamara was competing in a surfing competition.
They got engaged in 2014 and married in August 2015 in a private ceremony on a yacht off the coast of Portugal.
The pair routinely posts images of themselves on social media and frequently surfs together.
They are well-known for their mutual interest in ocean conservation and have collaborated on various environmental projects.
Body Measurement- Height, Weight, Hair Color
Garrett McNamara is a tall and athletic man who stands 6 feet 3 inches (190 cm) tall and weighs around 190 pounds (86 kg).
He has a slim and powerful physique, which is required for his physically demanding job as a big wave surfer.
McNamara has dark eyes and short brown hair.
He frequently wears a beard and mustache, which have become somewhat of a signature appearance for him.
McNamara also has a huge wave pattern tattooed on his arms and chest.
Garrett McNamara- Professional Career
McNamara’s professional big-wave surfing career began in the 1990s when he began competing in surfing events.
He quickly recognized that surfing the world’s greatest waves was his actual love.
He started going to isolated locales in pursuit of the largest swells and quickly became recognized for his reckless attitude to surfing.
McNamara rose to prominence after surfing a 78-foot wave off the coast of Nazaré, Portugal, breaking the world record for the highest wave ever ridden.
He continued to push the limits of large wave surfing, riding 100-foot waves and pioneering new surf places throughout the world.
McNamara has also become an advocate for ocean conservation, using his position to bring attention to issues such as plastic waste and overfishing.
Throughout his career, he has garnered several prizes and honors and remains one of the most renowned and important individuals in the world of surfing.
Similarly, when it comes to social media, he may be found on Instagram as mcnamara_s.
Similarly, McNamara may be found on Twitter as gmachawaii.
McNamara has 165k Instagram followers and over 5k Twitter followers.
Quick Facts of Garrett McNamara
- McNamara is a professional big wave surfer from Hawaii, known for breaking the world record for the largest wave ever surfed in 2011.
- Garrett was born on August 10, 1967, in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, making him 55 years old.
- He was raised in a family of surfers and began surfing at a young age.
- McNamara’s passion for surfing eventually led him to pursue a career as a professional big-wave surfer, and he has since become a legend in the sport.
- There is limited information available, but that he dropped out of high school to pursue a career in surfing.
- McNamara gained worldwide recognition when he surfed a 78-foot wave off the coast of Nazaré, Portugal, setting a new world record for the largest wave ever surfed.
- His net worth is estimated to be around $2 million.
- Most of his income comes from sponsorships and endorsements from companies such as Tag Heuer, Jeep, and Red Bull, who have all supported his surfing career.
- He has also earned money through prize winnings from surfing competitions and by selling merchandise, including his own line of surfboards.
- McNamara has also been involved in several business ventures, including a surf school in Hawaii and a line of sustainable clothing.
- In addition to his income from surfing and business ventures, McNamara has also worked as a television host and commentator, further adding to his net worth.
- Garrett has been married twice.
- In 2015, McNamara married fashion model and surfer Nicole “Nikki” Vandyjk.