Roger Cook’s Net Worth is $11 million.
Who is Roger Cook?
Roger Cook is a garden and landscape contractor. Roger Cook rose to prominence after appearing on the home renovation reality TV show “This Old House” in 1988. He is a television personality.
He has also served as president of the board of directors of both the Association of Landscape Contractors of Massachusetts and New England Grows.
Roger Cook- Birth, Parents, Siblings & Education
Roger Cook was born in 1955 in Massachusetts, USA, Roger spent his entire childhood in Massachusetts, where he was raised by his father and his mother, a housewife who spent her free time in her garden.
Roger spent more time as a child with his mother than with his father, which is how he became interested in gardening and nature in general.
In 1977, he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in wildlife management and conservation law from the University of Maine.
Hejoined the Massachusetts Arborist Association shortly after receiving his degree and has remained an active member to this day.
In 1982, he and his now-deceased wife Kathleen established their own K & R Tree and Landscape Company.
Net Worth of Roger Cook? Salary, Earnings
Roger Cook’s net worth is more than $11 million, while his wife Kathleen’s net worth was more than $500,000 at the time of her death.
Relationship, Married Life, Boyfriend/ Girlfriend
Roger Cook met Kathleen while in his second year at the University of Maine; they dated for several years before marrying in the 1980s.
He and Kathleen have two children, Jason and Molly, who live with Roger in Burlington, Massachusetts, as
Kathleen lost her battle with cancer on December 1, 2010, at the age of 56, at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Kathleen was born in Woburn and graduated from Burlington High School before attending Merrimack College and earning a bachelor’s degree in sociology in 1977.
Kathleen’s father worked at the Gulde Insurance Company, and she learned the insurance business from him before starting her own Gulde – Cook Insurance Company, while her mother Kay was a housewife; Kathleen had four sisters.
She loved spending time with her friends and family, as well as vacationing at her home in Falmouth, where she loved reading books and magazines and lying on the beach in the summer.
He grew up listening to pop and rock music, as well as Beethoven and Mozart’s classical works. He enjoys spending time in nature, particularly forests, mountains, lakes, and national parks.
He is an animal lover who has had a variety of pets over the years, including dogs, cats, and parrots.
He eats healthy food and prefers to grow his own, he spoke with horticulturist Carrie Kelly, who taught him all the details and tricks to growing your own healthy food.
Roger and Kathleen enjoyed spending time together in their garden and watching movies and TV shows with their children in the evenings – some of their favorites to watch were the films “Casablanca” and “Some Like it Hot,” as well as the TV series “Third Rock from the Sun.”
They were also travelers, having visited most of the states in the United States before Kathleen was diagnosed with cancer; most of their friends described the two as friendly and pleasant to be around.
Body Measurement- Height, Weight, Hair Colour
He has short brown hair and brown eyes, stands 5feet 6inches (1.67m) tall, and weighs around 152lbs (69kgs)
Roger Cook- Professional Career
Roger was invited to appear in the “This Old House” home renovation reality TV series in 1982, after having previously contributed to several of the show’s projects, including Woburn House and Bigelow Ranch.
He appeared in a number of episodes over the next six years, until 1988, when he was promoted to main cast member from the start of their Lexington Bed & Breakfast renovation episodes – he is still the show’s garden and landscape contractor.
Roger also contributes to and serves on the editorial board of “This Old House” magazine; he also contributed to the writing of the “Complete Landscaping” book, which was published in 2004 by This Old House Book in collaboration with Sunset Books.
Roger is currently appearing in the show less frequently due to health issues.
Roger’s limp was first noticed on the show “This Old House,” and it appeared to be worsening he missed most of the show’s 40th season due to illness, and it was announced in June 2018 that he was not well.
He addressed the public, stating that he was dealing with a number of health issues and would only be able to appear on the show on occasion.
Rumor has it that the popular reality TV star recently had a heart attack,it appears that he has reduced the amount of time he spends on the set of “This Old House,” but his health has not improved.
Quick Facts of Roger Cook
- Roger was born in 1955 in Massachusetts, USA, and is a garden and landscape contractor, who rose to prominence after he became the star of the “This Old House” home renovation reality TV series in 1988.
- Roger’s limp was first noticed in the “This Old House” show, and it appeared to be getting worse – he skipped most of the show’s 40th season due to his illness, and it was announced in June 2018 that he was not well.
- The popular reality TV star has recently suffered from a heart attack – it appears as he has significantly reduced the amount of time he spends on the set of “This Old House”, but that his health has not improved.
- Roger and Kathleen have two children, Jason and Molly, who are currently living with Roger in Burlington, Massachusetts as Kathleen lost her battle with cancer on 1 December 2010, when she passed away at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston at the age of 56.
- Roger and Kathleen enjoyed spending their time together in their garden, and watching movies and TV series with their children in the evenings.
- Some of their favorites to watch were “Casablanca” and “Some Like it Hot” movies, while they were also fond of the “Third Rock from the Sun” TV series.