- 1 Who is Charlene Austin?
- 2 Charlene Austin – Birth, Parents, Siblings & Education
- 3 Net Worth of Charlene Austin? Salary, Earning
- 4 Facts of Charlene Austin
- 5 Relationship, Married life, Boyfriend/Girlfriend
- 6 Body Measurement- Height, Weight, Hair Color
- 7 Charlene Austin – Professional Career
- 8 Charlene Austin – Social Media Status
- 9 Quick Facts of Charlene Austin
Who is Charlene Austin?
Charlene Austin is the proud wife of Lloyd Austin, the first Black man in history to be appointed by President Joe Biden to the position of Defense Secretary. Lloyd, Charlene Austin’s husband, is a retired general, and Biden felt certain that Lloyd was “the guy we need at this moment” because of his “many qualities and extensive knowledge of the Department of Defense.”
Charlene Austin – Birth, Parents, Siblings & Education
As of 2020, no information about Charlene Austin’s birthday had been released. However, based on her appearance, she appeared to be roughly the same age as her husband, Lloyd.
On August 8, 1953, Lloyd Austin was born. That makes him 67 years old in 2020 and a Leo.
Charlene was raised in her birthplace of Washington, DC by a Christian family. She also acquired African-American ancestry from her ancestors.
Charlene didn’t reveal much about her past, thus her maiden name was also unknown.
In the year 2020, Charlene was happily married to Lloyd and lived in Great Falls, Virginia.
Lloyd has garnered numerous honors. He has five non-combat Defense Distinguished Service Medals, three Distinguished Service Medals with the Silver Star, and two Legions of Merit.
Charlene and Lloyd both graduated from Auburn’s counseling program.
While we are all known for Lloyd’s great accomplishments, Charlene did not go unnoticed.
She received the Secretary of the Army Public Service Award in March 2013, and the Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service in April 2016.
In terms of education, Charlene earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Fayetteville State University and a Master of Science degree in Education from Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama.
Net Worth of Charlene Austin? Salary, Earning
Charlene Austin’s net worth is estimated to be more than $700,000 in 2020.
Facts of Charlene Austin
|Known as||Celebrity wife|
Relationship, Married life, Boyfriend/Girlfriend
Charlene Austin and Lloyd Austin married nearly four decades ago. They did not, however, discuss their dating lives.
According to our speculation, the two met during their undergraduate days because they both received their Master’s degrees from the same university (Auburn).
Charlene and Lloyd appeared to comprehend the hustle and bustle of their employment because they worked in the same professional field.
It was also the reason the pair kept their fire burning despite their hectic schedules.
Furthermore, knowing Charlene’s military contributions better than anyone, Lloyd lauded his wife for donating “her time and energy to the care and sustainment of military families.”
Their children’s identities were not revealed. A little background on her husband Lloyd: He is a former four-star army general of the United States Army.
Lloyd, from Mobile, Alabama, was also the 33rd vice chief of staff and the ultimate commanding general of the US-Iraq Operation New Dawn.
Body Measurement- Height, Weight, Hair Color
Charlene Austin is approximately 5 feet 5 inches (165.1 cm) tall and weighs less than 70 kg (154.32 lbs).
She is significantly shorter than her husband Lloyd, who stands over 6 feet tall.
Charlene liked to keep her hair short, which was one of her distinguishing qualities. She wore glasses and had a smaller upper lip.
Charlene Austin – Professional Career
Charlene Austin, like her husband Lloyd, served in the military.
She worked as a federal employee and had a position in the military for many years.
She was a “non-profit consultant for military service men and their families at MacDill Air Force Base,” according to reports.
Her job titles include Army Continuing Education Guidance Counselor, Army Community Service Employment Program Manager, Troop and “Family Members Transition Specialist for the Army Career and Alumni Program,” and Troop and “Family Members Transition Specialist for the Army Career and Alumni Program.”
She was also a member of the Delta Sigma Theta sorority, which she joined in 1998.
She also received the Jefferson County Woman of Distinction Award, the Distinguished Civilian Service Award, and the Superior Civilian Service Award.
Charlene Austin – Social Media Status
As of 2020, Charlene had no social media presence. Similarly, her husband Lloyd could not be found on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
Quick Facts of Charlene Austin
- Charlene is the proud wife of Lloyd Austin, the first Black man in history to be chosen for the position of Defence Secretary by President Joe Biden.
- In March 2013, she was awarded the Secretary of the Army Public Service Award.
- In April 2016, Charlene received the Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service.
- Reportedly, her net worth was over $700 thousand in 2020.
- Charlene and Lloyd Austin held their wedding over four decades ago.
- As per our speculation, the duo must have met during their college day; as they both attended the same University (Auburn) for their Master’s degrees.
- A little info about Charlene’s husband Lloyd: He is a four-star retired army general of the United States Army.