Matiss Kivlenieks’s net worth is $3 million.
- 1 Who is Matiss Kivlenieks?
- 2 Matiss Kivlenieks – Birth, Parents, Siblings & Education
- 3 Net Worth of Matiss Kivlenieks? Salary, Earning
- 4 Facts of Matiss Kivlenieks
- 5 Relationship, Married life, Boyfriend/Girlfriend
- 6 Body Measurement- Height, Weight, Hair Color
- 7 Matiss Kivlenieks – Professional Career
- 8 Matiss Kivlenieks – Social Media Status
- 9 Quick Facts of Matiss Kivlenieks
Who is Matiss Kivlenieks?
Matiss Kivlenieks was a professional ice hockey player from Latvia who played for Prizma Riga, the Cleveland Monsters, and the Columbus Blue Jackets. On January 19, 2020, Matiss Kivlenieks made his NHL debut at Madison Square Garden. He died on July 4, 2021, in Novi, Michigan, United States.
Matiss Kivlenieks – Birth, Parents, Siblings & Education
Matiss Edmunds Kivlenieks was born on August 26, 1996, under the sign of Virgo in Riga, Latvia.
The 24-year-old was of Latvian nationality and of Indo-European heritage. He was fluent in Latvian, Russian, and English.
Matiss’ biological father died while he was a child. His mother and stepfather own a restaurant.
He had an older sister. He began playing ice hockey at the age of three or four after seeing his cousin’s practices.
Matiss perished in a strange fireworks accident on July 4, 2021, in the Michigan home of the team’s goalie coach.
An autopsy revealed that he died of chest trauma rather than a fall. Matiss, 24, was in a hot tub when the fireworks mortar blast occurred.
The blast caused a percussive injury to him, causing serious damage to his heart and lungs.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Net Worth of Matiss Kivlenieks? Salary, Earning
Matiss Kivlenieks’ net worth was $3 million, according to many web sources, before he died in a terrible accident.
His annual basic income was estimated to be over $725,000.
Facts of Matiss Kivlenieks
|Real Name||Matiss Edmunds Kivlenieks|
|Birthday||August 26, 1996|
|Profession||Ice Hockey Goaltender|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Deathday||July 4, 2021|
|Death Place||Novi, Michigan, U.S.|
|Death Cause||Chest Trauma|
Relationship, Married life, Boyfriend/Girlfriend
Matiss Kivlenieks appears to have been single prior to his untimely death. He hadn’t declared that he was in a relationship with anyone.
His social media accounts also showed no evidence of him having an affair.
Body Measurement- Height, Weight, Hair Color
The goalkeeper Matiss Kivlenieks stood 6 feet 2 inches tall. He was in good shape and weighed 81kg when he died.
He had light brown eyes and blonde hair.
Matiss Kivlenieks – Professional Career
Kivlenieks made his professional debut in 2011-12 for Prizma Riga. He only played one game for the team, averaging 9.52 goals against.
He then joined the Prizma U18 team, where he appeared in only 12 games but posted a 2.6 GAA.
Matiss then joined the Edina Lakers of the Minnesota Junior Hockey League’s Tier III.
In February 2015, he was an emergency backup for the NAHL’s Coulee Region Chill.
In the 2015-16 season, he became a full-time member of the Coulee Regions Chill.
In the 2016-17 USHL season, he advanced to Tier I junior hockey, helping the Sioux City Musketeers win the Anderson Cup.
He was named to the league’s First All-Star team and was crowned Goaltender and Player of the Year.
Matiss signed a three-year, $2,497,500 entry-level contract with the Columbus Blue Jackets in May 2017.
He was demoted to the minors the following season, joining the Blue Jackets’ American Hockey League affiliate team, the Cleveland Monsters.
On January 19, 2020, he got his first NHL victory, a 2-1 victory over the New York Rangers.
Matiss started the final two games of the Blue Jackets’ 2020-21 season.
He was considered a contender for the backup goaltender role in Columbus after the season ended.
Matiss Kivlenieks – Social Media Status
In terms of social media status, Matiss was active on Instagram and had 12.1K followers on Instagram and 34 posts.
Quick Facts of Matiss Kivlenieks
- Matiss was a Latvian professional ice hockey player who played for Prizma Riga, the Cleveland Monsters, and the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Sadly, he passed away on 04 July 2021 in Novi, Michigan, U.S.
- Originally from Riga, Latvia, Matiss was born on 26 August 1996 under the star sign Virgo.
- He earned his first NHL win in a 2-1 victory against the New York Rangers on 19 January 2020.
- Matiss started the final two games of the 2020-21 Blue Jackets season.
- According to several online outlets, his net worth was $3 million before he died in a freak accident.
- On 4 July 2021, Matiss died in a freak fireworks accident at the Michigan home of the team’s goaltending coach.